Purchasing, materials management, and storage
Many window, door, and gate manufacturers are confronted with the following challenges:
- Nobody noticed that the material required for production has not been delivered yet.
- Material was not provided (in timely fashion) since the longer delivery time was not considered.
The consequence is that...
- the order has to be rescheduled.
- the order cannot be delivered on time.
- Material has been double-ordered because there is no internal department coordination. Due to this, the order was either not documented in the software system right away or this documentation was forgotten.
- With the existing software system, there is no possibility to order different "packaging units."
If you are also confronted with such challenges, we can offer you the right software solution with A+W Cantor:
- The integrated materials management ensures that the data only has to be entered once for the order and is available for purchasing and warehouse orders. The material requirements planning and orders are always correct.
- Warehouse inventories are reduced since order proposals are generated automatically in A+W Cantor when inventories drop below a specified minimum.
- Order proposals for purchased materials (e.g. glass) are generated automatically.
- Duplicate orders are avoided because everything is documented in the A+W Cantor system and it is clear at all times who ordered what when from which supplier in what quantity at what price.
- Inncoming goods can be monitored easily with the order overview. Deliveries not made are visible immediately and can be re-ordered.
- Glass can be ordered per production batch and delivered in production sequence so that no more after-the-fact sorting is required.