A+W Software USA is the market leader for software in the flat glass industry and solution provider for window and door manufacturers. We develop ERP, PPS and optimization solutions to help our customers mastering their commercial and production requirements in their manufacturing facilities. We have been active on the market for more than 40 years and we sell our products worldwide. Additionally, we offer a complementary portfolio of software solutions for transportation management, material optimization, supply chain management, wholesale management and multichannel retail management including ecommerce.
A+W Software is a division of Constellation Software Inc., the largest and the most successful software company in Canada over the last 10 years [TSX:CSU]. A+W Software is in a unique position as it has the long-term and full backing of Constellation Software, including access to their best practices and career opportunities.
A+W seeks a high energy and customer-service driven Software Implementation Consultant. The Software Implementation Consultant will be a part of A+W’s Service Team. They will be responsible for providing an excellent experience to A+W’s customers in helping implement our solutions and answer questions that they might have about our products and services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver implementation and training services, both tasks performed onsite with the customer and offsite at the office (e.g., software configuration and software training).
- Analysis of customer operational processes
- User training and taking the Customer through the switch over to Go Live
- Specification and project documentation to write and convey to customers.
- Learn client’s requirements and translate them to process changes and solution needs and suggest best client solutions including the necessary (complex) software configuration and customization steps.
- Manage and submit progress reports as per organizational guidelines.
- Establish positive client relationships during engagement for high client satisfaction, quick deployment and adequate training
- Collaborate with the sales team on pre-sales intel to establish client needs
- Create a project plan detailing project timeline, dependent tasks, resources required and scope
- Demonstrate willingness to accept new responsibilities
We are looking for candidates with:
Technical skill set
- Strong analytical skills (in depth troubleshooting skills)
- Communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Simultaneously manage various tasks and projects effectively and proactively
- Basic database knowledge (mainly Microsoft SQL server) including the ability to run and build SQL queries
- Good basic knowledge of current MS operating systems
- In addition basic networking knowledge is highly recommended
- FTP and remote desktop skills usage would be advantageous
- Basic hardware knowledge of PC’s, servers and scanner
Communication skill set
- Ability to document/outline issues and requests in writing including all technical aspects
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow through the troubleshooting process from start to finish including communication to customer and development or co workers
Character trait set
- Team player
- Up beat positive attitude towards coworkers and customers
- Strong will to learn and grow
- Well spoken
Industry / Production Experience (advantageous, but not mandatory)
- Windows/fenestration industry back round
- Production driven environment
- ERP/PPS systems (support and ideally configuration)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science (or similar education) or, alternatively, several years of IT-related and field work on-site experience (mandatory)
- Working with MS SQL queries (mandatory).
- Working within Windows Server environments 2008 and above (advantageous).
- Using trouble-ticketing system (advantageous).
- Diagnosing and resolving application errors via remote tools such as TeamViewer or similar (advantageous).
- Competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package
- Be part of a global leader of premium software designed for the flat glass industry
- Opportunity to travel
- Access to best practices and growth opportunities through our owner Constellation Software